Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Graduation/Turning Blue Ceremony

Finally the day I've have been waiting for...
February 10th 2011


It was so funny, he was supposed to meet me at the parking lot but he was late so i started to walk up to the buildings to go the the spouse meeting and right when i got in front of the building he walk right out of the doors next to me. I was really glad to see him. I couldn't stop smiling. :) 


Right after we had our spouse meeting, He had Turning Blue Ceremony. they had to march out and say the Infantryman's Creed. It was pretty cool there was over 200 soldiers yelling it. then after they said it, I got to Turn him Blue. (by putting his Blue Cord on Him)




Infantry Blue...
(In 1951, In the midst of the Korean War, a distinctive Infantry blue shoulder cord was authorized for wear by Infantryman to enhance the prestige of the branch and the morale of its members. Infantry is the only Army branch so authorized, The Infantryman is awarded the cord and blue discs upon completion of basic combat training. The cord is worn on the right shoulder and the blue disc is secured beneath the branch and U.S. insignia disks.)


After The Turning Blue Ceremony we met up with two of his friends.


Pvt McNeese and Marshack for dinner at Long Horn.


February 11th 2011- Graduation.
It started at 9 AM so me and my Dad decided to go early.
We went at 730AM Big Mistake it Was freezing cold, but I'm glad i got a good seat.
First they started with the Army Band! It was really cool.


Then they did a little show and showed us the different guns they use and what each soldier job was.  
The show was cool they had smoke bombs everywhere and they slowly started to come out of it.


And then after they got off the field, Nate and the other soldiers started to March on.
(The Field had dirt from all the Wars we been In)


Then they had to line up to say the Soldier Creed.
Nate's right in the Middle In Front, tallest one.


After that they Marched around the whole field.



And then they marched to the front of the Infantry Museum to get there bags to go home. :)
and graduation was all over.


It was fun! after we meet up, we went through the Infantry Museum.
They spent 100,000,000 on the Museum. It was neat.



Statue: Iron Mike
 refer to men who are especially tough, brave, and inspiring.
I am the Infantry!
Follow Me!


I'm So Proud Of You Nathan!
I Love You So Much.

1 comment:

  1. this is amazing. I am headed to Ft. Benning in only a couple days for my boyfriend's graduation and turning blue. I can't wait. <3

    ReplyDelete