Friday, July 2, 2010

About Us

Nathan and I met our second week at college in church. We were just good friends, we really didn’t flirt with each other. He was going on tons of dates with other girls and I was doing the same with guys. Well one night with all his roommates and the girls next door we were all outside hanging out and we started to wrestle. I remember that was the first time we started to flirt.

It was kind a funny how we had our first kiss, we always watched movies and he always tried to hold my hand but I didn’t want to lead him on because I just dated his roommate. Well one night after hanging out with Nate he text me asking “so are we ever going to make out” I kind a laugh when I read it. I said “yeah sure” so he said get your butt down here then. (If you didn’t know I lived right above his apt.) So I was really nerves. And he told me later, when he heard me walking down the stairs he was nerves to. So I got to his apt and yea it was an awkward kiss. But it was fun.

A couple weeks later September 17, 2009, he invited me to his work party where his mom, dad and brother were at because they all worked at the same place. It was a little awkward because we weren’t dating we kind a kissing buddies. Well his brother decided to yell across the park if we were a couple because his mom was asking about me to his brother. And it was a very awkward because we never even talked about dating. So Nate said sure. And that’s where it began.

We started to hang out every day we were with each other 24/7. We kind a talked about getting married it always came up here and there and on January 1st 2009 new years day, that’s when he got on his knee and asked for my hand. I was so excited all I could do is smile. I couldn’t believe it was happening. He had my room filled with flowers, candles and chocolate kisses and two wine glasses with sparkling cider. It was really amazing.

We got married on May 8th 2009. What an amazing day. My mom did the decorations she is amazing at it. It’s her talent in life. She made the flower arrangements. It was just perfect. She helped me pick out my white dress that I’m in love with. It was just a perfect wedding. I was so happy I was getting sealed to the man of my dream in the temple. For the lunch-in Nate’s Dad and Mom made the food. It was delouses. I wore the dress my mom wore for her lunch-in. everything was perfect on my wedding day.
On our honey moon night we stayed at the anniversary inn in the jungle room it was really fun. The next morning we drove to Las Vegas and walked around and stayed for the night we decided Vegas isn’t our thing. We drove to South California and that’s when it hit Nate got really sick we didn’t know what to do we stayed at the house all day that night he said he was fine going out to dinner so we went to medieval times. Well that night he kept getting up he kept saying he didn’t feel good and he couldn’t sleep so we took him to the doctor’s and they said he had a sore throat and they gave him a shot. A couple hours later he had red bumps every where he kept saying he was fine but when we went to bed he woke me up at 3 in the morning and said we need to go home. So we packed everything and heading home it was a long drive. When we got home we went to the doctors and they said he had mono. It sucked he was down for two weeks. He had it really bad. I felt really bad. But that’s how we started out our marriage.

Nathan was the biggest blessing in my life, because if you knew me in high school I never went to church and I was very lost in life. Nate changed everything in my life. We always stated to go to church with each other in college we read the book of Mormon and he would give me lessons from his mission. I would have never made it to the temple without him. I love him so much.


Right now we live in Orem just working I work at a deli/bakery in Payson and he works as the main barker at crisps market in Spanish Fork. Nate joined the Army and he leaves in October. I’m excited for the new adventures and to have a dog and kids. But I’m dreading about him leaving. We never have been apart a longer than a week. It’s going to be really hard. I’m going to have to keep myself really really busy.

Well that’s are life’s so far and I love being married to Nathan. I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment